Friday, June 17, 2011

packing and pitching


Posted by Picasa



This aspect of beginning my service in Jamaica is not the fun part.  I have been packing and throwing stuff away and giving stuff away with wild abandon.  There is just an overwhelming amount of details to attend to when one is preparing to leave the country for two years.  Each day sees me a bit closer to being ready and I am trying to take it one day at a time and not stress too much about anything.  Afterall, it is only Life!!!
When I return I will tell my friends and family what I need and trust it will all be provided.  Besides that, I figure I can go to Goodwill and for a small investment buy everything I need.  I am rather liking this de-cluttering phase of my life.  It is actually quite liberating.

6 comments:

  1. this is a picture I recently painted of me from a photograph taken in the lates 70's and I was on a picnic in the Texas hill country outside of San Antonio. In the photo I was holding a dixie cup with wine instead of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to comment and when I posted it, it vanished. I don't know what it means to select profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I will figure this out eventually. Anyway I know we will keep up with you as you send messages on this blog from Jamaica. It will be an new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hardest part is yet to come......the good byes

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to follow your steps into your heart's desire. You are in my heart and prayers. Thanks for sharing the experience of a lifetime. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are truly in the moment. What a gift! Think of you often and love your beautiful writing. Blessings, karen

    ReplyDelete